Leeds Club, Albion Place
For Marston’s Estates Limited
Woodhall was appointed to provide historic building advice and to prepare a Heritage Statement to support planning and listed building consent applications for the conversion of the Grade II* listed Leeds Club located in Leeds city centre. The building has a complicated history and although the list description indicated that it dated from 1863, historic research and a study of the building itself revealed that the structure incorporated significant elements of two houses that were constructed c.1820.
Woodhall consulted with Historic England and Leeds City Council to discuss the proposed alterations prior to the submission of the applications. This early engagement and positive discussions regarding the re-use of the building with the Council and Historic England led to a swift determination of the applications.