holy trinity, holmfirth
For Holmfirth PCC
Holy Trinity Church is one of the most prominent buildings in the town of Holmfirth (made popular by the TV series ‘Last of the Summer Wine’). The building was designed by Joseph Jagger in 1777-87 in a classical style and is unusual in that the tower is placed at the east end over the chancel. It is listed Grade II.
Woodhall has been involved with the church for a number of years and in addition to undertaking Quinquennial Inspections of the building we also obtained all the necessary approvals and administered the building contract for the conversion of the Vestry Hall into Café 100 with a gallery inserted at first floor level and a new bar/kitchen area, store and disabled toilet facilities below. Woodhall was also appointed to oversee extensive repair works to the church roof, tower and the external envelope of the building. The work was grant aided under the joint English Heritage/Heritage Lottery Fund repair scheme for listed places of worship.