CLOTHWORKERS COURT, LEEDS
For University of Leeds
The Clothworkers Court and the Great Hall were constructed between 1877 and 1912 as part of the former Yorkshire College of Science. The College became the University of Leeds in 1904 and the Clothworkers Court group of buildings are amongst the oldest buildings on the Leeds University Campus.
Woodhall was appointed to prepare a specification and schedule of works for the repairs to the Grade II listed Clothworkers Court archway and to inspect the work on site. The works to the arch included: stone indent repairs, repointing in lime mortar, resetting displaced masonry, masonry cleaning, the repair and redecoration of the entrance gates and the sensitive restoration of the gilded inscription, which is a key feature of the arch.